Friday, March 19, 2010

Anticipation.....

The time approaching this adventure has been surprisingly calm, especially for me.  I usually get wound up to the point that I need a vacation to come down from the preparation, but this time has been different.  I have spent more than a few moments being thankful for the many  blessings I am leaving behind. My wonderful family, my cats, friends who mean the world to me, and the security and familiarization of everyday life.

From the first time I heard about Green School, I was touched by something I cannot explain, a pull I felt deep within me.  I am not a hot weather person; I enjoy the summer, but the Fall and Winter seasons, especially the change of the seasons, have a special meaning for me.  So what this pull is I cannot explain.  I am intrigued in a way I have never been before. A calmness has settled over me, unusual for me.  I am trying my best not to be overly obsessed with the knowledge that this beautiful paradise is infested with giant spiders, the one thing in this world that I am totally frightened of, to the point of being phobic. I have accepted this, and moved on, but an adventure is just that, good and bad, take it for everything it is, face your fear, live for the moment, spiders or no spiders, I am going for it, facing life with an open heart.....

We are at the airport, bonding for the long ride ahead, hugging and refamiliarizing ourselves with family who love each other even though we may not be in each others lives every day. Sometimes that isn't really necessary. Knowing someone loves you means more than money in the bank, and in that case, we are wealthy beyond measure.....

I hope for this journey for relaxation, reconnection with my family on a different level, spiritual peace that is new to me, seeing the world without ambient lighting, NOT seeing giant spiders, becoming more ecologically conscience, meeting new people, experiencing new culture, trying new food, doing NOTHING, breathing new air, seeing new bugs and monkeys, laughing until it hurts,  Snooky says being drunk out of our socks, open to whatever the universe has to offer me. Once again, I am the luckiest damn woman I know......

1 comment:

  1. You Better Watch Out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjEqVlcgJyE

    ReplyDelete