Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fish Therapy & Nose Holes

Well, it is 1:30AM, I am so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open, but I feel the need to share the day's events even though they are out of sequence.  This fact really bothers me....I hate things being out of order and not organized, but after four Bintags (Indonesian beer) WTF!

Of course we ran out of money again since yesterday's trip to the mountains HAD to include a trip to a market for fruit which just happened to have more STUFF for almost nothing....we have become rather good at bargaining, not sure it will go over too well in 7-11 when we get home....but we hit the ATM, then stopped in to the supermarket which if no one has ever visited a foreign country, just let me say, you can spend HOURS in one!!!

So we discover this Fish Therapy Spa, you stick your feet in  tank with these little fish. Garra Rufa fish or Nibble Fish come from a small town in Turkey (it feels like tiny bubbles in a foot soak) Due to the supernatural ability of this fish for curing, it is known as the Doctor Fish which works naturally as a doctor for the human skin. The fish feed off the dead skin, which in turn regenerates the skin smoothly, accelerates blood circulation, stimulates accupuncture points stimulating the nervous system creating more relaxing feelings and releasing stress. So for 20 minutes and $10 we sat and let fish eat the dead skin off our feet, including the huge scab from the bike accident where I fell and broke my toe on the Gili Islands.(story to follow) Sorry to be so graphic, but come on, it is pretty freaking amazing!  I just wish they ate the damn fat off my ass! 

We left the supermarket after feeding the fish and TRIED to get to the beach without stopping at the stalls which had lots more stuff we didn't need....IMPOSSIBLE!!!  Two pairs of pants, one dress, two wind chimes later, we finally hit the beach!  Even the vendors recognize us now and say hello as we pass...embarassing....

The water was beautiful, we decided, for once, not to eat lunch since we were having dinner on the beach with Joel and Simona later, so we starved, sad, and a few hours later hit the supermarket AGAIN!!!  It is almost as good as an amusement park really. Seaweed Pringles and Hello Kitty Cheetos!  HOLD ME BACK! Load up another case of Bintang Beer and oh, let's get our noses pierced!

I have never walked to the beat of any one's drum, more like skipped to the beat of the crickets, and I love my friend Bushra's nose diamond. I asked her once if she blew her nose if anything came out. A bit graphic, but, I was just interested. She said no, so with that knowledge under my belt, I decided to get myself a damn nose ball! Don't want a ring, reminds me of a cow....it costs a whole $2....highway robbery...hardly hurt at all, until we went to dinner.

Dinner was on the ocean and I ordered Chicken Curry extra spicy...blasting hot, nose running, flames shooting from my mouth. Time to blow my nose. GOD! I forgot I now have a plug in it!! Flames of fire and shooting pain! How stupid am I? Nevermind....

Tommorow I promise not to buy a thing...The ATM laughed at me the last time I used it.......

.

1 comment:

  1. So Funny Mom sounds like a blast. I just saw something on tv about those fish. Oh yeah, get me some Hello Kitty Chips well, maybe just a picture.

    Love you. Get home safe...

    ReplyDelete