Sunday, February 21, 2010

I did it!


Step one in sharing this amazing journey is complete, or at least I think it is...I created a BLOG! And I didn't call Cablevision, my brother Steven, offspring Bob or Jenny, or any of the other hundreds of people who support me in my continued lack of computer skills. You simply cannot be good at everything!

I used to have a simple phrase to describe myself that I have begun to use again recently..."I am the luckiest woman I know!" I used it so often people would gag when they heard it. Then life got a little heavy and I let it fall to the wayside for a bit, but things are starting to pick up in my neck of the woods again, so I think it is time to drag it out for another go round! Get used to hearing it family, 'cause it is time for a replay!!!

How many regular people get to travel to so many super cool places in the world in one lifetime? Let's see, I have been to Paris France, Ireland, my all time favorite EGYPT(woohoo here), Jamaica, the Bahamas, Cozumel, St. John's New Brunswick, Montreal Canada, not enough of America, but I am working on that....and now I get to go to Bali!!! And I didn't even win Mega Millions YET!

 How did this come about??? Well, I have a cousin, Mercedes, Snooky to the family, who has a shitload (can you curse in a blog?) of the most amazing kids, I lost count actually, 10+ and yes I am serious. Anyway, one of these super cool kids grew up to be super adventurous and smart. I don't want to put too much in here right now, will save the zillions of details for another day, but he married Simona and they decided, didn't find out why, to go and teach at the most amazing school I think I have ever read about in my life. When Snooky said she was going to Bali for a visit, I think I invited myself....seriously, I am almost more excited to see Green School than I am about this island paradise! I am going to post the link, and take a break for now. As most of my family and friends know, I NEVER run out of words, and I tend to be long winded......seriously....http://www.greenschool.org/

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on creating a Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Blogged this morning after having too much to drink and staying up too late.Hope you don't get eaten by giant freaking spiders.Any place that has Giant Freaking Spiders is crossed off our Vacation list.If you find a Giant Freaking Spider that eats Cats,please bring me a dozen,I will pay good money for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Aunt Kathy!!! Can't wait for goin on reading! Love you, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so you Kathy.. I love it, and I guess I will have to learn to deal with hearing "I am the luckiest woman I know" again. I can't wait to hear about the adventure. I wish I was going, but then again after reading what you can expect, I want you to go first and see if you live.
    Steven, that comment is so you, and that is why I love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so lucky to be sharing this wonderful adventure! 25 days and a wake up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat. You go girl!

    MrMrsMax. I have a friend in Australia who once told me about the spider that surprised her in her living room and she slapped at it, knowing it across the room. I think it really qualified as a "Giant Freaking Spider" when she told me that from across the room, she could see that IT HAD A BROKEN LEG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Grillonator,Australia off vacation list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DAMN! Bali is just North and to the left of Australia....those mothers can probably swim...Steven just crossed Australia off his list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NROmUb7o0

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you see a big wall with natives dancing in front of it,don't go in there.There is probably a giant Gorilla back there,he wants to hitch a ride back to New York,just say no!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unless of course he likes to eat Cats,Then just give him my address.Garage door code is 8888,Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Kathy!!! Your blog is Awesome & Im looking foward hearing about the Adventures to come!!! Im so Happy :) & Proud of You!!! XOXO
    Kbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy,
    As one who remembers you as HYPA HYPA HYPA energetic, and never remembering you sitting still for a second, "les, you are missing something fun, someplace else". I am very impressed with your site for apparently you have dedicated alot of time. I am pinning a world map up next to the computer, my new hobby is tracking your adventures!(Maybe I can sell a Saturday morning cartoon theme after it, Kids Meal plastic action figures ect.....
    Love You- Steve T

    ReplyDelete