Friday, February 26, 2010

SNOW!!!


Living on Long Island gives me the opportunity to experience all four of Mother Nature's seasons, which is a wonderful thing! I lost count of how many signifcant snowfalls we have had this winter. And just let me say, it is a good thing I LOVE snow.

Snow makes everything beautiful and muffles all the noise of the outside world. Shoveling snow is great exercise, like something to be attacked and conquered. It's also the time to stock up on all the important essentials:  food, wine, pre-made margarita's and really good cookies. Even if you only get snowed inside for one day, the Girl Scout motto has saved my butt many times in the past, "always be prepared."

 Today is another wonderful snow day of watching the snow fall as it settles on the branches of the evergreens outside my windows, knowing that this Girl Scout just got finished attacking the driveway and is prepared to be socked in for at least 3-4 days if necessary!!!  How many days Snooky until we leave for the island????  20 and a wake up! I can take a lot more snow knowing I have that to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment